12.20.2009

An Amazing Date

I went on a great date the other evening. We made plans to spend an afternoon and evening together. I picked him up and got us Starbucks on the way. Then we stopped by his house so he could change and pick some things up. Went to Whole Foods and got sushi, we took the sushi down to some picnic tables at the beach, and sat and ate an early dinner, while he commented on the amazing view. Next we went to a movie where we snuggled and shared a box of sour patch kids. Then we went back to his place and fell asleep in front of the TV.

It was really a sweet evening...

Okay, okay, in reality I was babysitting my seven year old cousin. His mom had to go out of town for the day and asked me to  pick him up from after school care. I brought him a chocolate milk while I savored my Earl Grey Latte. We had to go by his house to get the twenty bucks his parents left us to use for dinner and so he could change shoes since there was sand in the boots he wore to school. At Whole Foods we got sushi and I waited while he went to the bathroom. We sat on some rocks at the beach and ate our sushi. While asking me how the birds could stand on the seaweed beds he spilled soy sauce all over himself then chased around a little boy from Russia.  The movie we saw was Princess and the Frog and he insisted on ordering the tickets, "one child and one cousin!" He did snuggle up to me in the movie and I watched as he picked his nose and then offered me some Sour Patch Kids. I drove him home while he insisted on downloading games he could play on my iPhone.  After he brushed his teeth we watched cartoons until he fell asleep.

Wishful thinking that I would have such a wonderful date with someone my own age and not get paid at the end of the night.

2 comments:

  1. i love your blog, i bookmarked it. now tell me, what is an earl grey latte?! i love earl grey tea...

    this is anna. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah earl grey latte at Starbucks! earl grey tea with steamed milk, its basically heaven until half an hour after i get a stomach ache :(. the cure? more wine!

    ReplyDelete