12.11.2009

Yesterday

My parents are recovering alcoholics, (this is one of the things that has changed for the better since I moved out) they get up and go to meetings every morning at 7, while I sleep in til 10 or 11 and hope a job will find me. It's only half way into my second week at home and my Mom keeps telling people I'm taking mental health days so I am continuing to milk it while I can.

Yesterday afternoon when my Mom returned from her meeting and errands she found me still in my pajamas, I told her that I had a really weird dream. She then proceeded to diagram my dream on paper and interpret it. My mom is an old hippy but also  a jesus freak that is into a lot of alternative/ naturalist ways of thinking. Our house is covered in icons, angels, milagros and dia de los muertes skeletons. I myself don't adhere to any real religion. I'm thinking there is probably something bigger than all of us out there but I'm not sure what it is, could just be the milky way. The interpretation was that I resent my best friend or that I was everyone and everything in the dream, depending on which kind of dream interpretation rules you follow.

This is what my Mom prayed for before our dinner of leftover meatloaf:
"Dear God,
Please bless Tiger and help the Gatorade people see the error of their ways.
Amen"
I struggled not to laugh, because she was totally sincere, and rightfully so one could argue. Tiger Woods could use a few friendly blessings.

As dinner was finishing up my Dad was reading excerpts from his Rolling Stone Magazine:
There was something about Pete Doherty's drug use. He pronounced yayo "yeah-yo" and then let me know that is cocaine. Again all I could do not to laugh aloud. Do they think I learned nothing in College, in life?  But the really funny thing is that Dad used cocaine heavily back in the day, the day being about 8 years ago. I'm pretty sure "Ayo for Yayo" was a song by then, I'm pretty sure he had seen Scarface, but apparently the pronunciation of drug pseudonyms escaped him.

I guess it is good that all of this is still entertaining me though, I have a feeling the time might come when they make me want to pull my hair out. or just do
this.

No comments:

Post a Comment