1.25.2010

Another Day, Another Shot?


I promise I didn’t used to think about booze this much before I moved back in with my sober parents. Granted I am really happy for them, I mean the fact that they get up at 6:30 every morning for a meeting is definitely a step up from me always being the last kid to be picked up after dance class. But never have I ever fantasized about booze more. Hot toddies and White Russians slosh nicely through my sub-conscientious. I crave a shower beer, half for my mouth, half for my hair, it’s a really good conditioner and its takes the edge off. I told my parents I would be home tonight around 7:30, well when I strolled in at 9:45 the questions came rolling out much like the now loudly raging river going through our backyard after all this rain. “What happened to 7:30?” hmmm well some sushi with a friend in town, a large Sapporo, large sake and Sade’s the 10’ x 10’, 80 year old, 70’s rock playing, hole in the wall bar happened to 7:30. I love a place where no one knows who I am, especially since I’ve moved back to my home town, I do my best to keep it a secret as I don’t plan on staying long. I am constantly on craigslist looking for rooms to rent and jobs to get even though I know I am staying here for at least 6 months. It keeps my hope of independence alive, kind of, or it just rubs in the fact that I won’t be the “friendly, on the quiet side, perhaps a student who is somewhat clean and thoughtful of others” to anyone for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment